After registering for an account, CATALYST sends a confirmation email to the email address you used to create the account. You just need to click the link in the message to complete the signup process.
This is to make sure someone isn't creating an account without your knowledge, and to verify you entered your email address correctly.
The most common reasons why account confirmation messages don't get sent to email addresses are:
1. Email address misspelled
Make sure your email address is spelled correctly when you created your account. This is a very common issue.
2. Emails are in junk mail folders
Sometimes messages can get identified as junk mail and hidden from your Inbox.
- Check any junk mail or "clutter" folders you may have for the message. The email sent out to confirm your account has the subject line "Confirm your account".
- To help messages get to you, be sure to add "omnipress.com" as well as the association's email domain to your "safe senders" list. If you're not sure how to do this, your organization's Information Technology department should be able to help.
3. Organization or government is blocking the messages
Communication may be blocked by organizations with high security network policies. This is most common with government, military, universities and hospitals.
- As your organization's security policies are outside our control, you would need to work with your Information Technology (or ITIL) department to permit messages from our system to reach you.
- Using a personal email address instead of a professional one may be a workaround.
Re-sending the account confirmation email
The account confirmation email contains a link "token" that expires after 24 hours. This expiration is in place for security reasons. To re-send the account confirmation:
- Sign in to CATALYST with your email address and password.
- If you don't remember your password, type anything in the password box. You'll be able to reset your password after confirming your account.
- Click the "Click here to resend confirmation email" link that appears directly below the CATALYST logo.