Prezi is an interactive, cloud-based presentation platform that is advertised as a more dynamic alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote.
Contact your event organizers
If you want to submit your presentation as a Prezi, but there is no method on the form to do so, it is important to contact the event organizers directly to find out if they are willing to accept it.
Technical Support staff do not have the authority to override file format limitations set by event organizers.
Why would an event not permit a Prezi file?
There may be a few reasons why Prezi is not being collected as a presentation format:
- Because PowerPoint is often treated as the "standard", the event organizers may not be aware Prezi exists.
- Prezi presentations are normally run from a web browser.
- This means a web browser and internet connection are needed in each room. Unfortunately, even if internet is available at the venue, not every conference can guarantee reliable connections to speakers.
Offline Prezi Files
- Saving a Portable Prezi is possible:
- The result from this method is a compressed zip file of self-running presentation applications that cannot be edited. Security measures at the venue may prevent speakers from running their own applications.
- A Portable Prezi cannot be converted into PowerPoint format.
- If last minute problems occur with your Prezi file, there may not be someone familiar with Prezi to help at the event.
- An event runs more efficiently if event staff only need to provide software and support for one presentation format.