These are the most common reasons why a submitter or reviewer may experience problems using CATALYST:
1. Running an older web browser version
In order to keep up with best security practices, we can only support web browser versions that are at most a year or two old.
Try updating your web browser to the most current version if possible.
- The site https://updatemybrowser.org/ will tell you if you are using the most recent version of your browser, and if there is an update available.
2. Using a mobile device, such as a tablet or phone
We are not able to support CATALYST on a mobile device like a phone or tablet at this time.
3. A web browser extension is interfering with the CATALYST system
Any third-party browser extension that changes the way your web browser functions could affect the way CATALYST functions. Browser extensions include:
- Advertising blockers
- Antivirus and anti-malware software, especially free or open source software
- Anonymous browsing tools
- Password managers
- Privacy/security suites
If you know how to turn off your browser extensions, try turning off all your extensions and reload CATALYST. If CATALYST works with all extensions off, try turning on each extension, one at a time, reloading CATALYST every time until you find the extension creating the problem.
If this doesn't work, try using a different web browser (for example, if you're using Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Google Chrome, etc.)
4. Using a VPN or Tor browser to use the Internet anonymously
Although Virtual Privacy Network (VPN) or Tor relay services can help protect your privacy, it could interfere with how CATALYST functions.
Try switching off your VPN or Tor network temporarily to see if you regain access to CATALYST.
5. Organization's network security policies are blocking part or all of CATALYST
An organization with strong network security restrictions, such as universities, hospitals, and government agencies, may block part or all of CATALYST's functions.
As a quick solution, we recommend site visitors experiencing problems at work try using a home computer on your own Internet connection.
If accessing CATALYST from your workplace or school is important, ask your IT department or helpdesk to assist you in turning off anything that may be blocking site access. For a more long-term solution, the organization's IT department may need to:
- Grant full web access to CATALYST at https://catalyst.omnipress.com
- Treat email from omnipress.com as a "safe sender"
Government employees are instructed to use ITIL to ask for access to these.