There are three places your email address may need to be updated:
- Your existing CATALYST account
- Any current submissions you may have open
- Your membership with any associations
Updating Your CATALYST Account
1. Once signed in to CATALYST with your old email address, click your name in the upper right corner and select Profile. This will take you to your profile page.
- If you have an older CATALYST account, you may see your email address instead of your name:
Now is a great time to add your first and last name to your account, which also helps the event organizers locate your information.
2. Click Change to the right of your email address.
3. Update your email address to your new one and press Return/Enter when done.
- You will be logged out after the email address is changed.
- A confirmation link will be sent to your new email address.
- Please check your email and confirm the change. Your new email address must be confirmed before you can log back in.
CATALYST says my email address is already taken.
- It means you already have an account in CATALYST using that email address. We strongly advise using only one account to sign in to CATALYST.
- If you need help bringing two accounts together, please contact CATALYST Technical Support. You will need to provide both your original email address and your new one.
Updating Your Submissions
If I update my email address in your CATALYST account, will it update my email address in my submissions automatically?
- No, not at this time. You will need to edit any submission forms and update your email address manually.
- If your organization changed, you can update it in the forms as well.
CATALYST won't let me update my submission.
- If you are not the original submitter, you may need to ask the submitter to grant you access, or make the update to the form themselves.
- If it is after the submission deadline, you must contact the event organizers directly. CATALYST Technical Support has no authority to permit changes to submissions after deadlines have passed.
Updating Your Association Membership/Event Registration
Updating your information with an association must be done directly with the association. This includes any event registration you have done outside CATALYST.
- Changing your email address or information in CATALYST does not update the association's member records.
- CATALYST Technical Support cannot update your association membership information.